PDA

View Full Version : hardware/software suggestions and demonstrations

CoohTube
01-18-2014, 04:50 PM
Hey guys, here's a list of the equipment I use to make PS4 LP videos.

Capture Card: Elgato
- The Elgato is better than the Hauppage in every way except that the video has lower contrast, but this can easily be adjusted in your video editor anyway.

Camera: Sony Handycam CX-320
- All Sony CX series cameras are good quality and easy to use. But which model simply depends on your budget. However, if you're keeping the camera sat still whilst you play games, there's no need to go beyond the CX-320. I would also recommend Sony's basic 50 (~$100) tripod.

Microphone: Samson Meteor
- There are loads of decent quality, cheap mics, but the Samson Meteor is my favourite. Quality is crisp and clean, the mic looks amazing, and it's fairly small which always helps. Get a standard boom stand to hold it up.

Editing: Sony Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 12 Suite
- Beginners DO NOT need Vegas Pro, it's too advance. Movie studio will cover all your needs, check out my channel below for examples. While Sony Vegas is for Windows, Final Cut is the Mac equivalent.

For examples and demonstrations of the above equipment, please feel free to check out my channel. Who knows, you may even enjoy the videos and discover a new YouTuber to follow :)

Link to my channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/CoohTube

Oh, and feel free to subscribe to me on this site here: subscribe

Thanks guys,
CT

james79555
08-12-2014, 10:58 AM
for capture card the roxio game cap HD pro is also a quality capture card i would totally recommend it as a cheaper option compared to the Elgato and it records in just as good HD as the Elgato also for mic the blue yeti or snowball are a good choice aswell. for a demonstration of the roxio game cap HD pro have a look at my channel JMPD Gaming.