PDA

View Full Version : Keyboards

Thomas
04-16-2011, 01:32 PM
The way my computer is setup I can't be dealing with extra wires. Hell I hate seeing them compleatly and utterly! I find them ugly and not needed.

So I've decided to go wireless...... Just bought one from Argos and it doesn't seem to be able to keep up with the amount I type?

Any thoughts guys. I type at about 80 words per minute and never had a problem typing on a wide range of keyboards before this...

PenguinNerd
04-17-2011, 01:27 AM
I can't speak from personal experience but I've always heard that wireless keyboard/mouse usually have some kind of lag and can sometimes lose signal at random. (I do have a wireless mouse though but I'm not using it for things that need quick responses and sometimes it does freak out on me.) Were the other keyboards you used before wireless? Perhaps if it's not a lag case you got a faulty model or something of that sort.

Thomas
04-17-2011, 02:52 AM
It wasn't so much lag. It was more that it was registering the keys either in the wrong order, or not at all.

I'm a very quick typer (80-100 WPM) and so I need a keyboard to keep up.

For the last few months I've had an old wired keyboard, that I find simply disgusting, and I've always wanted to go wireless again. With my old model I had no problems with it. It worked fine and nothing ever went wrong with it, till it got snapped in half by accident.

PenguinNerd
04-17-2011, 05:25 AM
How does a keyboard get snapped in half on accident?! O_o

Thomas
04-22-2011, 09:17 PM
One thing lead to another.... :)